Dining in Toronto

Dining in Toronto
I, Mili Jain, am not a critic, foodie, restaurant owner, aspiring chef, promoter or dining connoisseur. I am simply a girl who knows what she likes and what she doesn't, especially when it comes to the social side of life!

I challenged myself (and some unsuspecting friends) to discover our city! To eat at those restaurants we drive by 100 times and never go into. To venture to areas we’ve never discovered and just step out of our own comfort zone. For whatever reason you find yourself here, whether I forced you to follow me or you stumbled upon this page, I hope you will find something that will help create your own adventure and inspire you to try something new.

I challenged myself to try everything ONCE, and to make THE CITY MINE!

And so a non-blogger continues to blog...

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Soundtrack to my Summer

For those who know me they know that music is my life. The amount of hours I can spend sitting downloading and discovering new music is borderline frightening. What can I say? It’s in my blood. On any given day the only time I’m not listening to music is when I’m asleep. There are more than a handful of unsuspecting strangers who have witnessed my “performances” in the car while sitting in traffic. It’s my own personal (and more importantly private) sanctuary where I’m singing away all the sorrow, stress and most of the time dancing and belting out choruses out of sheer joy. Music just has a way of saying the things you don't know how to and vocalizing those feelings you can't describe or even sometimes understand. Undeniably therapeutic.

So as I embark on this journey of discovering my city there is no doubt a soundtrack that accompanies me and will be capturing all the memories, each in a small span of 4 minutes. It’s still early to make the call on what will be the big “summer jams” of 2010 but there’s a few that are already bringing a smile to my face and making my heels itch to get out on the dance floor. By no means am I a music expert or a veteran critique – I know what I like and I don’t apologize for it. Even if it includes a country song here and there. Judgement will be allowed if Justin Beiber ever makes the cut.

Jamie Foxx feat. Justin Tiberlake - Winner
Edward Maya - Stereo Love
Inna - Hot (any and all of the remixes)
Drake - Find Your Love (the softer side of hip-hop gets me everytime!)
B.o.B feat Hayley Williams & Eminem - Airplanes Part 2
The Game feat. Justin Timberlake & Pharell - Ain't No Doubt
Robin Thicke feat. Estelle - Rollacoasta
Estelle - Freak
Usher feat. Will.I.Am - OMG
Kesha - Take It Off
Leighton Meester - Your Love is My Drug
The Script - Breakeven (cuz' when a heart breaks no it don't break even...)
Christina Aguilera - Not Myself Tonight (my own personal theme song ;)
Lady Gaga - Reloaded
Rihanna - Rockstar 101

2 comments: