Dining in Toronto

Dining in Toronto
I, Mili Jain, am not a critic, foodie, restaurant owner, aspiring chef, promoter or dining connoisseur. I am simply a girl who knows what she likes and what she doesn't, especially when it comes to the social side of life!

I challenged myself (and some unsuspecting friends) to discover our city! To eat at those restaurants we drive by 100 times and never go into. To venture to areas we’ve never discovered and just step out of our own comfort zone. For whatever reason you find yourself here, whether I forced you to follow me or you stumbled upon this page, I hope you will find something that will help create your own adventure and inspire you to try something new.

I challenged myself to try everything ONCE, and to make THE CITY MINE!

And so a non-blogger continues to blog...

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Mad Italian

…he will not let me stick to my diet plan AT ALL! The Mad Italian Gelato Bar just opened its doors at College and Manning – literally down the street from where I work and I have no words how to describe how I can be beyond excited and scared all at the same time.


With over 40 different milk based gelato varieties and over 15 water based flavors – the combinations are ENDLESS. Not to mention the extremely courteous owner who comes straight from a family in Italy who have been in the gelato business for over 28 years in Rome. These people mean business. At $3.75 a pop for a two scoops of any flavor its worth every penny. They even have hand-made waffle cones for those who are feeling extra indulgent.


This lovely afternoon on the eve of yet another spring snowfall and I went for my classic combination of coconut and chocolate – the memories of Barcelona just came flooding back. I don’t think I’ve ever tasted any other chocolate ice-cream/gelato that was so rich in flavor. Of course to add more fuel to the fire, The Mad Italian also carries a wide variety of fresh baked goods like cookies, cake, biscotti and other lovely and delicious looking treats. I’ve also heard the cappuccino takes you straight into a little veranda in Italy – if only I enjoyed coffee.

Clearly there will be more experiments of different flavor combinations to come in the next few months so stay tuned. So far it’ll be hard to tear me away from my standard chocolate/coconut.

Address: 589 College Street
Parking: Street Parking available or just walk over like me…
Price: $
Service: 8.5/10
Food: 9/10
Ambience: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment