Dining in Toronto

Dining in Toronto
I, Mili Jain, am not a critic, foodie, restaurant owner, aspiring chef, promoter or dining connoisseur. I am simply a girl who knows what she likes and what she doesn't, especially when it comes to the social side of life!

I challenged myself (and some unsuspecting friends) to discover our city! To eat at those restaurants we drive by 100 times and never go into. To venture to areas we’ve never discovered and just step out of our own comfort zone. For whatever reason you find yourself here, whether I forced you to follow me or you stumbled upon this page, I hope you will find something that will help create your own adventure and inspire you to try something new.

I challenged myself to try everything ONCE, and to make THE CITY MINE!

And so a non-blogger continues to blog...

Monday, April 12, 2010

Channelling My Inner Explorer

I’ve lived in two major cities in Canada during my 27 years of life, and when I was moving from one to the other I was saddened by how little I had discovered and experienced in my own home town. I plan trip after trip and take countless vacations to uncover the hidden secrets of cities around the world but never take the time to become familiar with my own home town. Why don't I take the time to experience why tourists come to visit MY city?

Where’s the best pizza in the city? Who serves the most potent sangria? What’s the best rooftop patio? Where’s the best spot to people watch? Where’s the best place to take over the dance floor?

I’ve challenged myself (and some unsuspecting friends) to discover our city! To eat at those restaurants we drive by 100 times and never go into. To order food we’ve never tried before. To venture to areas we’ve never discovered. I’ve challenged myself to try everything ONCE, to make THE CITY MINE!

It only made sense to document my explorations so I could look back and enjoy the memories and of course all the new adventures!

And so a non-blogger begins to blog…

3 comments:

  1. I believe that I may be one of those unsuspecting friends!! LOL xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol you sure are my love! not so unsuspecting anymore ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on starting this blog! How exciting :) I'm looking forward to reading through your posts and hearing about your explorations. By the way, best pizza in Toronto (in my opinion) is Pizzeria Libretto :)
    Have you tried it?
    Good luck lady :)

    ReplyDelete