Dining in Toronto

Dining in Toronto
I, Mili Jain, am not a critic, foodie, restaurant owner, aspiring chef, promoter or dining connoisseur. I am simply a girl who knows what she likes and what she doesn't, especially when it comes to the social side of life!

I challenged myself (and some unsuspecting friends) to discover our city! To eat at those restaurants we drive by 100 times and never go into. To venture to areas we’ve never discovered and just step out of our own comfort zone. For whatever reason you find yourself here, whether I forced you to follow me or you stumbled upon this page, I hope you will find something that will help create your own adventure and inspire you to try something new.

I challenged myself to try everything ONCE, and to make THE CITY MINE!

And so a non-blogger continues to blog...

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Brunch at Brassaii

Brassaii is clearly becoming “my spot” for the summer – been there on a few random nights out, had my birthday debacle there and now ventured to the multi-faceted venue yet again for their much talked about brunch. My darling friend B (bless her heart) loves her brunch. She lives for that interesting meal in between breakfast and lunch, which in my eyes is the perfect excuse to sleep in. Not like I many more excuses. Anyways, it’s because of her that I’ve now adopted this marriage between two traditional meals as one my favorite dining experiences.

On this humid Sunday morning (after consuming A LOT of Italian wine) we ventured out to King West for Brunch at Brassaii. I won’t lie that it was odd being in a place for a meal which is bursting at the seams with over-intoxicated and underdressed loungers the night before just but to our surprise the place didn’t reek of stale alcohol and they cleaned up nice from whatever madness went on in the wee hours of the morning.

We were seated in their dining area which had a boisterous crowd all noshing on the somewhat limited but still satisfying menu. On our plates for the ‘afternoon:

Lotsa Coffee
Cinnamon Danish ($3.50)
Egg White Omlette (made regular) with goat cheese, steamed asparagus, grilled tomatoes and turkey bacon ($12)
Eggs Your Way (2 eggs – your choice, bacon, toast and home fries) ($8)

All their toast is multi-grain, they have turkey bacon and chicken sausages to substitute with AND $5 breakfast cocktails. Perfect brunch blend. Food was affordable, tasty and portions were the perfect size. Enough to give you energy for a day of walking around downtown (which we did!). Service was also friendly and accommodating with all our many substitutions. I have to try the banana pancakes next time because every time the waiter brought them out for someone I swear I stared as if Justin Timberlake were on the plate.

To try:
Banana pancakes with apple and cinnamon compote
Crunchy cinnamon French toast coated with cornflakes and warm caramel sauce
Benedict

Address: 461 King Street West
416-598-4730 (not a bad idea to make reservations)
Parking: Street parking readily available
Price: Affordable

Ratings:Ambience – 8/10
Service – 8/10
Food – 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment