Dining in Toronto

Dining in Toronto
I, Mili Jain, am not a critic, foodie, restaurant owner, aspiring chef, promoter or dining connoisseur. I am simply a girl who knows what she likes and what she doesn't, especially when it comes to the social side of life!

I challenged myself (and some unsuspecting friends) to discover our city! To eat at those restaurants we drive by 100 times and never go into. To venture to areas we’ve never discovered and just step out of our own comfort zone. For whatever reason you find yourself here, whether I forced you to follow me or you stumbled upon this page, I hope you will find something that will help create your own adventure and inspire you to try something new.

I challenged myself to try everything ONCE, and to make THE CITY MINE!

And so a non-blogger continues to blog...

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Domestication

Who would have thought it?  Mili Jain has become domesticated.  UNREAL RIGHT??
It's February 15th and exactly 4 months ago I did something that I had been talking about for SO long.  I finally moved out on my own to a downtown condo in the heart of Toronto.  The perfect excuse to discover My City. 

I say the same thing to everyone who asks me what the change has been like - I have my life back.  Weekends feel like weekends and weekdays now don't rush by in a blur of rush hour traffic.  It's been refreshing and uplifting and eye-opening being on my own and having only myself to depend on but that's a whole other conversation.

With my move came all these different things that I guess I expected but also didn't really expect at all which led to the domestication of Mili Jain.  One of the parts (the only one I'll share lol) is the whole cooking thing.  For all of those who thought the Subway underneath my building would be my second home - I've proven you wrong!  This girl can cook...and actually enjoys it!  It only made sense to merge my cooking discoveries with my city discoveries.

Just like my reviews my cooking posts won't feature professional photos or anything overtly complicated.  Just recipes that I enjoy, that are easy and of course are DELICIOUS!  I hope that it inspires some (I'm looking at you LF and surprises others!)

Let the domestication continue!

1 comment:

  1. AH!! Welcome to my world MJ! Once you start cooking, you can never go back to take-out..

    ReplyDelete