Dining in Toronto

Dining in Toronto
I, Mili Jain, am not a critic, foodie, restaurant owner, aspiring chef, promoter or dining connoisseur. I am simply a girl who knows what she likes and what she doesn't, especially when it comes to the social side of life!

I challenged myself (and some unsuspecting friends) to discover our city! To eat at those restaurants we drive by 100 times and never go into. To venture to areas we’ve never discovered and just step out of our own comfort zone. For whatever reason you find yourself here, whether I forced you to follow me or you stumbled upon this page, I hope you will find something that will help create your own adventure and inspire you to try something new.

I challenged myself to try everything ONCE, and to make THE CITY MINE!

And so a non-blogger continues to blog...

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

ROTD - Tri-Colour Stuffed Peppers

Welcome to Recipe Of The Day! (I won't lie, this might not be a daily thing, but I like the name)

I've always liked how stuffed peppers look.  Everytime I've seen them at a resteraunt or come across them in a recipe they always look amazingly delicious. Obviously I had to try to make them.  Tonight was the night.

Kraft Canada offers some great (read easy and quick) recipes for those who are looking for healthy meal options that don't take a long time to prepare or plan for.  Here's a great recipe for stuffed peppers with a little twist a la Mili (ie spices) since Kraft's recipes are a little on the bland side!

Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time 50-55 minutes
Makes 6 servings

Ingredients:
2 pouches frozen simulated ground beef (much better for you and I avoid been when I can)
1 cup of corn
1 cup of salsa
1.5 cups of water
1.5 cups of instant rice
1/2 cup of shredded cheese
1 each large green pepper, red pepper and yellow pepper
pinch of salt and pepper
pinch of chili pepper

Directions:

MIX 2 pouches simulated ground beef, 1 cup corn and 1 cup each salsa and water in a large nonstick frying pan. Stir in 1-1/2 cups instant white rice. Bring to boil, stirring frequently.  Add in salt, pepper and chili pepper to tatste. Cover and remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup grated Kraft Monterey Jack Light Style Cheese; mix well.

CUT 1 each red, yellow and green bell pepper in half lengthwise. Remove and discard the seeds. Spoon burger mixture evenly into pepper halves; place in 13x9-inch baking dish. Pour 1/2 cup water into dish; cover with foil.

BAKE at 400°F for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with additional 1/2 cup cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes.


1 comment: