Dining in Toronto

Dining in Toronto
I, Mili Jain, am not a critic, foodie, restaurant owner, aspiring chef, promoter or dining connoisseur. I am simply a girl who knows what she likes and what she doesn't, especially when it comes to the social side of life!

I challenged myself (and some unsuspecting friends) to discover our city! To eat at those restaurants we drive by 100 times and never go into. To venture to areas we’ve never discovered and just step out of our own comfort zone. For whatever reason you find yourself here, whether I forced you to follow me or you stumbled upon this page, I hope you will find something that will help create your own adventure and inspire you to try something new.

I challenged myself to try everything ONCE, and to make THE CITY MINE!

And so a non-blogger continues to blog...

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

ROTD - Southwestern Ranch Salad

On a trip to LA last year with a few of besties, they noticed a trend in the meals that I would order at restaraunts - all of them had some kind of south western flare.  I'm a sucker for the blend of salsa, guac, corn, black beans and the cajun inspired spices that bring it all together.

I came across this recipe and it instantly became a part of my collection for a few reasons:

1) it was a perfect southwestern salad
2) it actually didn't include any meat so a good vegetarian option
3) it was a healthy option

Prep Time - 15 minutes

Ingredients
Torn mixed salad greens
Black Beans
Corn
Tomatoes
Red Pepper
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Salsa
Light Ranch Dressing
Crumbled Tortilla Chips

Combine all ingredients in order and enjoy!

Definitely one of the easier recipes, extremely filling and as a meat eater I don't miss the meat for one second.  I didn't include any measurments because what's the fun in telling you EXACTLY how to put the salad together - creativity is half the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment